First came Black Friday, then came Cyber Monday, and now, American Express is launching the first ever “Small Business Saturday SM” on November 27th, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Small Business Saturday is a national movement to support and celebrate small businesses across the U.S. While Black Friday and Cyber Monday drive sales to national chains and online retailers, Small Business Saturday recognizes the importance of small, independently owned businesses to the overall economy and local communities.
Small Business Saturday Initiatives include:
- A major social media campaign to spread the word about Small Business Saturday and encourage people to give shout-outs for their favorite local shops and restaurants via Facebook and Twitter.
- The 1st ten thousand business owners who register at www.facebook.com/smallbusinesssaturday will receive a $100 Facebook advertising credit to help build on-line buzz and attract customers.
- Downloadable POP for merchants available at www.smallbusinesssaturday.com/merchant, who want to indicate their participation.
- A $25 reward for American Express Cardmembers who spend at the local merchants
- For everyone who "likes" Small Business Saturday on Facebook, American Express will donate one dollar to Girls, Inc., a nonprofit educational organization